Ian Harkness- Executive Officer
Ian is responsible for leading the strategic direction and operational management of Netball NT, focusing on the development of netball in the Territory in accordance with its Constitution and Strategic Plan. As well as provide support to Member Associations in all areas of netball development, including athlete, coach and officials pathways, implementation of best governance principles, grass roots development, volunteer recruitment and sustainability.
Ian has had an extensive sports management career spanning 30 years with roles in various organisations with his most recent position being that of five (5) years as Executive Officer at Hockey NT.
Between 2000 and 2006 Ian occupied the roles as General Manager at Netball NSW.
Ian lived in Darwin until 1974 returning two (2) years later before following his career path with a move to WA in 1986, to Sydney in 1993 before returning ‘home’ in 2009.
His experiences across Rugby League, Touch Football, Netball, Swimming and Hockey provide a strong platform to assist Netball NT in its next growth phase.
Contact Details for Ian: Mobile: 0499 779 487 Email: email@example.com
Stacey Carkeek – Participation Manager
Stacey comes with a solid background in office administration and account management which includes a Diploma of Event Management. Stacey has played club netball from a young age and has her Intermediate Coaching accreditation she currently plays and coaches for the local Darwin Netball Association team Nightcliff Tigers.
- Manage the implementation of Suncorp NetSetGO programs in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine and Gove areas.
- Manage and deliver Suncorp NetSetGO programs, clinics and come and try events.
- Manage centre and participant registrations on MyNetball.
- Manage and deliver Australia Post One Netball programs and events.
- Manage and deliver Inclusion (Indigenous, disability and CaLD) Suncorp NetSetGO programs and clinics.
- Coordination of the NT Australia Post One Netball Ambassador.
- Compile School Sports Voucher Proforma for remote schools.
- Deliver netball programs in remote schools.
- Manage and Deliver the Sporting Schools Program.
Contact Details for Stacey: Mobile: 0429 617 059 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Penny Shearer – Pathway Manager
- Managing and delivering NT representative team programs.
- Managing and delivery of NT Academy programs.
- Management and delivery of Coach Development opportunities including Coach Accreditation Courses across the NT.
- Mentoring coaches across the NT across all age groups and all competitions.
- Chairing the High Performance Committee.
Penny holds a Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science and a Bachelor of Recreation Planning and Management. Penny has been coaching for the last 12 years including coaching positions across Club Junior and Senior’s, NT Championships, NT underage teams at Nationals and most recently the NT Storm at ANL.
A born and bred Territorian, Penny is passionate about Netball in the NT and delivering quality programs for all athletes and coaches.
Contact Details for Penny: Mobile: 0475 825 864 Email: email@example.com
Trudie Hopgood – Development Manager
Trudie is responsible for managing our Umpire Coach, Umpire and Bench Officials pathways across the Northern Territory.
- Chairing the Netball NT Umpire Development Committee.
- Creating and managing an Umpire Coach Development program for the NT.
- Expanding on education and development opportunities available to Coaches, Umpires and Bench Officials.
- Managing Umpire and Bench Official accreditation.
- Seeking grant funding to underpin the Umpire Development Pathway.
Trudie also assists with office finance and various management projects as needed.
Trudie holds a Masters in Sports Management and has been working in the industry for 15 years. Trudie’s background is in basketball, having played 10 years of Women’s National Basketball League which included two National Championships with the Adelaide Lightning. After retiring she pursued a passion for coaching and development which led her to Europe for 6 years and into a career in sports management. Trudie has a strong commitment to sport development and in particular women’s sport and is pleased to have joined Netball NT during this particularly exciting time of growth for the sport.
Contact Details for Trudie: Mobile: 0428 524 787 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea Mifsud – Development Officer (Alice Springs)
Chelsea is responsible for developing netball in the Central Australian region.
- Managing the implementation of Suncorp NetSetGO programs in Alice Springs.
- Managing and delivering Suncorp NetSetGO programs, clinics and come and try events in Alice Springs and Barkly areas.
- Managing and delivering Inclusion (Indigenous, disability and CaLD) Suncorp NetSetGO programs and clinics.
- Delivering netball programs in remote communities.
- Delivering Sporting Schools programs.
- Managing centre and participant registrations on MyNetball.
- Working with stakeholders to encourage participation in sport for the Central Australian community.
Chelsea holds a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Education) and has a background in Indigenous engagement. She has played, coached and umpired netball and Fast5 in NSW from the tender age of 7.
Contact Details for Chelsea: Mobile: 0428 779 700 Email: email@example.com
Dustie Tare – Marketing, Events & Communications Specialist
Dustie was appointed as Marketing, Events & Communications Specialist in February 2019 and joins the team with knowledge in developing and executing retail and wholesale marketing strategies. Dustie has participated in a number of team sports inclusive of Basketball at a representative level and Netball since the age of 7.
Dustie will be responsible for developing and directing strategies that promote and position Netball NT, State teams and the Territory stadium effectively to create a positive and engaging customer experience.
Contact Details for Dustie: Mobile: 0455 420 241 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org